cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No permission to record even though I am the host

leeclark
Listener

I have recorded meetings in the past with no difficulty but all of a sudden my Zoom meetings do not allow me to record even though I am the host.

The message that comes up is "Please ask the host to give you permission to record".  How does that work if I am the host?

I have tried getting others in the meeting to record but they get the same message.

What am I doing wrong please?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

When you open the Participants panel, do you see (Host) next to your name?

It could be that you are the host of the meeting, but not recognized as such in the meeting. That could be caused by you not being signed-in to your account on the Zoom app when launching the meeting. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

When you open the Participants panel, do you see (Host) next to your name?

It could be that you are the host of the meeting, but not recognized as such in the meeting. That could be caused by you not being signed-in to your account on the Zoom app when launching the meeting. 

Thank you, that works perfectly.  Just need to make sure I've opened Zoom first!! 

Cheers

I used to have this problem, went to Zoom.us and logged in, and the problem went away.  

Now it's recurring and that DOES NOT solve the problem -- what's my next step Bort?