cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to rotate camera

bcalmer
Listener

Hello! After the Zoom update it seems the interface has changed quite a bit and there are fewer available settings. For example, I cannot rotate my camera in 90 degree increments anymore, which used to be an option in video settings when hovering over the video preview. As a result, my document camera projects the image upside down and I no longer have a way to correct this in Zoom. I checked the article on Zoom's website already on Manually Rotating Camera which no longer applies because it was last updated in March 2022...but the updates happened after that. 

Any advice?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @bcalmer 

I'm on the very latest desktop client and still see the option in my settings. 

Which version are you on, and which OS (Windows, macOS?) are you on? 
Can you provide a screenshot of the video settings window? 

View solution in original post

jonearthur
Listener
  1. Log in to the Zoom client.
  2. Click your profile picture then click Settings.
  3. Click the Video tab.
  4. Hover over the preview of your camera.
  5. In the top-right corner of the video preview, click the rotate button until your camera is rotated correctly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

Hi @bcalmer 

I'm on the very latest desktop client and still see the option in my settings. 

Which version are you on, and which OS (Windows, macOS?) are you on? 
Can you provide a screenshot of the video settings window? 

I've edited my original post and added the screenshots. I'm not sure how to check the version I'm on, but I'm using Windows OS.

Hi I have a similar problem on my new s9 ultra galaxy tablet. My camera turns me 90degrees randomly. Any idea why this is happening? I've reinstalled zoom and abled and disabled auto rotate. There's no video options on Android tablet apart from background thanks 

bcalmer
Listener

Okay I just did more digging on the web and apparently my problem is that I'm on the PWA version? I don't even know how that happened. I just tried redownloading the regular Zoom desktop client but the PWA version is still there on my desktop...cannot figure out how to uninstall it. I guess I have a new and different problem now.

bcalmer
Listener

Alright, I think everything is resolved now. Thank you!

jonearthur
Listener
  1. Log in to the Zoom client.
  2. Click your profile picture then click Settings.
  3. Click the Video tab.
  4. Hover over the preview of your camera.
  5. In the top-right corner of the video preview, click the rotate button until your camera is rotated correctly.