cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No feature for chat responses in Zoom Meeting

lianazaman
Listener

Hi everyone,

I'm searching for a feature to reply to chat messages in Zoom Meeting. 

I tried searching through the Support Page and Bolt (the Support Box), but I couldn't find any explanation or solution for the matter, and Bolt doesn't learn or understand my inquiry yet. There is a page for Zoom Chat, but that, I think, only applies for the specific Zoom Chat function, not for the chat within a Zoom meeting. 

I can send feedback to add the ellipse icon feature in Zoom Chat to be included for chats in Zoom Meeting, but I'd like to know if I miss anything and it's already available before doing so.

Additional information:

1. I'm an end user/participant in the Zoom Meeting, not the host.

Below is the screenshot of the chat messages for reference.

Zoom chat no reply or ellipses icon.png

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.  Thanks for reading!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @lianazaman 

It is possible to prevent users from chatting directly with specific users: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 09.47.14.png

Sounds like that is what the host has changed in that session, which is why you cannot send private messages. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TIKA
Listener

What device are you on?

Windows 10, PC

Bort

Hi @lianazaman 

I'm not sure I understand what feature you are looking for? Are you not able to respond to chat messages in a meeting? It could be that the host has prevented participants from using the in-meeting chat function, only allowing messages between the host and co-host. 

Hi @Bort,

Hm...I'm not sure about that. If it's between host and co-host, then shouldn't any messages I sent will only be sent to the host and panelist? 

Here, I am able to see other participant's chat and vice versa, only that when sending them, I cannot specify / mention or have any reply option to specific person in the chat panel side of the Zoom Meeting.

But I  guess for Zoom Meeting, that's not available, only for Zoom Chat?

Bort

Hi @lianazaman 

It is possible to prevent users from chatting directly with specific users: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 09.47.14.png

Sounds like that is what the host has changed in that session, which is why you cannot send private messages. 

I think so. Thanks Bort!