cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio when screen sharing

Ronbsg
Listener

I've seen similar, but not quite the same problem. When I am hosting, as soon as I screen share, my audio mutes. If I stop screen share, audio returns. I unmute, but it goes right back to mute. This is only with Chrome PWA. I did not have this problem on original Zoom. 

Thanks 

Ron in Chicago IL USA 

11 REPLIES 11

Caroline7
Listener

Hey Ron,

I have the same problem. Did you figure it out?

Nope.  Same problem just this past Saturday 

PeteRyan
Listener

Same problem. Hosting meetings is very problematic on the PWA app. In fact, it is so bad, that I may just drop Zoom altogether.  If you cannot collaborate on a platform designed for collaboration, then why bother? Additionally, the problem has been known for months, and Zoom has made no effort to resolve it, instead they are discontinuing support on the Chromebook platform for the extension. I really wish Zoom would find an app that works. 

Ronbsg
Listener

Thanks, Pete. I did reach out to Zoom, and got a response from a tech. I'll post if anything gets resolved. But I'm with you.  The original Zoom worked fine on my Chromebook. My guess is I'll switch to Google Meet if Zoom strikes out. 

Deb9
Listener

Hello,

I have the same problem. It worked fine yesterday and now it doesn't. It seems to be a common issue.

I've searched on the internet and there doesn't appear to be a solution. Come on Zoom, what are you playing at? 

Deb in the UK 

yvonnedinouye
Listener

Here it is 3/2/23 and has anyone figured out a fix to this problem?  Hello Zoom tech support

omarfreilla
Listener

I’m still having this problem too. 

There's a message at the top of the screen when you screen share.  I can't remember exactly what it says, but there's a switch you have to turn on or off.  Right there at the top of the screen, at least on my Dell laptop.

Are you using the PWA app?

celaine
Listener

I have a paid Pro One Plan but the PWA App Has No Support.  I have the same problem, no audio on screen share with the PWA app.  I teach online classes and depend on the share screen option for most of the class,  when I was using the free old app it worked just fine but when I signed up and paid for the Pro One Plan I had to download the PWA App, now I'm losing income.  They shouldn't offer a paid account for the PWA app when it doesn't work properly.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! Thank you for your contributions to the Zoom Community.

We have created an article that goes over some troubleshooting steps to take when this issue occurs: Troubleshooting muted audio when sharing screen. Please let me know if it helps! 

Thank you, 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?