Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sounds Effects in Zoom

holsen
Listener

Hello
BACKGROUND CONTEXT
I've got a very strange audio problem to which I cannot figure out the solution.  I've got a couple of different USB interfaces that work fine with all my broadcast software including OBS, ManyCam or directly out of Zoom, however

I've got a musical instrument and whenever I blow it, Zoom Blocks it whether I play through my mic on my interface directly or through OBS or ManyCam.  So I tried recording the same instrument into the same mic, same interface and recorded in Both OBS and ManyCam and the sound is fine.  Zoom Just wont accept the sounds.

So I bought a new interface, a Tascam Mixcast 4, which is essentially the same as Rodecaster.   It has sound pads built right it so that I can send sound effects right into the mix with my Microphone.  Here, again, zoom picks up my Mic just fine, but if I blow the instrument, nothing.  If I engage one of the sound pads, nothing - I get about the 1st second of sound and then its muted out.   If use the exact same settings and record in either OBS or ManyCam everything gets recorded whether instrument through mic, voice through mic or sound effect through sound pad.  Very strange.  So I use OBS or Manycam as a virtual mic, and back to square one... voice through mic comes through, but sounds on the sound pad do not....... can someone explain the cause of the problem and a solution.   I'd be grateful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

holsen
Listener

I solved my own problem after months of trying to figure it out.  It's the zoom optimized audio mode.  Changing the Background Noise Suppression  setting to "Low" or disabling it altogether by selecting "Original Sound"  solves the problem.  It is now apparent that background noise suppression, treated the frequency of my instruments and even the sound effects as Background Noise.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

holsen
Listener

I solved my own problem after months of trying to figure it out.  It's the zoom optimized audio mode.  Changing the Background Noise Suppression  setting to "Low" or disabling it altogether by selecting "Original Sound"  solves the problem.  It is now apparent that background noise suppression, treated the frequency of my instruments and even the sound effects as Background Noise.

that did not work for me...still no bell sound