cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Recording Button Available

Danny3008
Listener

I recently signed up for the FREE version of zoom. However, it did not come with a Recording button at all. It should be next to the Screen Share button but its not. I don't believe I need a paid plan for this function. Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Local recording is included with a free account. The prerequisites provided by Zoom documentation states: Basic (Free) account or above

So, you're correct there.

I would recommend that you log into the Zoom Web Portal -> Settings -> Click on the Recording Tab along the top, and confirm that the following is "enable".

Local recording
Allow hosts and participants to record the meeting to a local file. The content will include video and shared content with user's own view, and audio only file.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Danny3008
Listener

"Local Recording" was already turn on.

I tried turning the toggle off and back on, and refresh the page afterwards, but still no record button available. 

I have attached 2 screenshots.

Danny3008
Listener

I figured it out. It seems like the record button doesn't show up for Google Chromebooks. I tried logging into my work computer which is a Windows and now I can see the record button. Sucks that I have to use 2 computers now but at least I figured out the problem.