cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Record button in Chromebook

mksmith44
Listener

I have a Chromebook and want to record local only. Account settings for Record are Local. When I open Zoom, there is no record icon. Even when enabling Cloud recording, still no Record icon.  I also have a desktop with Win10, and the Record icon is there.  So maybe Chromebook and Zoom are incompatible?  I have a Pro plan. Too bad that is not good enough for a Chat with Zoom support.  I uninstalled the app, then install the web version. No change. Is the Chromebook useless with Zoom??? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @mksmith44, welcome to the Zoom community! The version of Zoom that runs on Chromebook is not able to record locally. You can still record to the cloud if you have a paid Zoom account, but beyond that there's no workaround to record locally on Chromebooks right now. 

JohnSmith
Listener

How would you record if there's no record button?  It's been a year, I have a paid account and still there's no button in the ribbon at the bottom to record.  It only appears on my PC.  Is it the version of ChromeOS that I'm running?

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Zoom Meetings and Webinars comparison by platform

See the table linked below for a comparison of features between the Zoom desktop clients, mobile apps, web client, and PWA (Progressive Web App).

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360027397692-Zoom-Meetings-and-Webinars-comparison-by-plat...

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

adrianne2015
Listener

I have this same issue. I have chromebook hp xbox360 and I can not record. I have an apple iphone and I can not record. I am hesitant to buy a membership and not be able to record on my laptop.