cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Record Option

MimiMN
Listener

When I'm logged into my basic, unpaid account using the app on my tablet I have no option of recording. When I start a meeting and click the ... the option to record isn't there. When I look it up, Zoom says basic accounts can record and save to their computer, but I'm not finding that option. Not even in my account settings. 

On the other hand when I use my husband's paid account his does have the option to record. The problem is, I need to use his account to watch something previously recorded while using my personal account to record myself.

Am I mistaken with my understanding of being able to record with my unpaid account? Any assistance would be appreciated! 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okutomo
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Free users cannot use the cloud recording feature.

And tablet products cannot use the local recording feature. The local recording feature is only on PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Okutomo

Free users cannot use the cloud recording feature.

And tablet products cannot use the local recording feature. The local recording feature is only on PC.

Thank you so much! I knew I couldn't use the cloud recording, but didn't realize the local recording could only be done on a PC. I appreciate your reply.

kb33
Listener

I have spent over a half hour trying to figure this out. I always had the option to record meetings with our premium account, and have not been able to record even locally since I downgraded to free basic membership. I have searched in this community and help pages for answers, to no avail. Is anyone else still having an issue with local recordings? 😩

I have spent hours trying to find the record option, and I am unwilling to pay for an upgrade, if this function is not possible from a cromebook, Help I need to record my meetings

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

According to the table on this Zoom support page Chome OS / PWA does not support local record.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360027397692-Zoom-Meetings-and-Webinars-comparison-by-plat... 

Free accounts do not support cloud recording . So, I believe you are out of luck unless you pay for an account or use a different non Chrome device.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!