cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Phone Number assigned in Invite

ablack2
Listener

Phone numbers no longer appear in the 'Copy Invitation' screen and this has already caused a problem this morning for folks who don't have desktop audio (Microphone) capabilities. What changed?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @ablack2,

Please confirm that the meeting host is not on a Basic account.  Dialing into meetings is not included on unpaid accounts.  Another possibility, if you are not in the same region as your meeting host, is that they do not have dial-in capability enabled for international attendees.  This is a paid additional service in some cases, and has to be enabled by the host's account owner or admin.

Meeting and Webinar invitations for licensed (paid) accounts include the available dial-in information by default.  Sometimes meeting hosts only include the Join URL and basic meeting information in an Email, and don't include the dial-in info, thinking that nobody does that.  You and I know different; sometimes you have to ask the host for the dial-in info in advance, if it's not included in the email.

FYI, if you have previous invitations with dial-in information for your region, you should be able to use that, if the meeting host has not disabled telephone connections.  

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @AlanChudnow .

It's in the Schedule a Meeting/Schedule a Webinar workflow on the Zoom Web Portal (see https://zoom.us/meeting/#/upcoming), or if you click the Edit button for an existing meeting/webinar.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @ablack2,

Please confirm that the meeting host is not on a Basic account.  Dialing into meetings is not included on unpaid accounts.  Another possibility, if you are not in the same region as your meeting host, is that they do not have dial-in capability enabled for international attendees.  This is a paid additional service in some cases, and has to be enabled by the host's account owner or admin.

Meeting and Webinar invitations for licensed (paid) accounts include the available dial-in information by default.  Sometimes meeting hosts only include the Join URL and basic meeting information in an Email, and don't include the dial-in info, thinking that nobody does that.  You and I know different; sometimes you have to ask the host for the dial-in info in advance, if it's not included in the email.

FYI, if you have previous invitations with dial-in information for your region, you should be able to use that, if the meeting host has not disabled telephone connections.  

GabyGarcia
Listener

Hi @Ray_Harwood I created a meeting invite but my dial-in numbers aren't showing, only a web link.  Do you know how I can get the numbers to show?  It's a paid account. 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @GabyGarcia.

Where are you getting your invitation text from?  Many locations just provide the Join URL, with no additional info. I’d have to research which ones provide the full invitation text. 

Do you have telephone access included in your meeting setup?

Ray_Harwood_0-1693245160752.png

This Zoom Support article might also be of some help:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362663-Joining-a-Meeting-by-Phone 

AlanChudnow
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Where is that setting found?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @AlanChudnow .

It's in the Schedule a Meeting/Schedule a Webinar workflow on the Zoom Web Portal (see https://zoom.us/meeting/#/upcoming), or if you click the Edit button for an existing meeting/webinar.

GabyGarcia
Listener

Hi and thank you for sharing that link.  I deleted the meeting and created a new one and the phone numbers showed up.  I was getting the invite from the "copy invite" section in the upcoming meetings tab.  Will check for that specific audio setting as I haven't seen that one before.