cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Blurred Background option (updated Zoom, 2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5)

Gerrc1
Listener

I have the most up to date Zoom 5.8.6 (2879), and am using it on a Mac (2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5).

I do not have a 'blurred background' option on Virtual Backgrounds. How can I access it?

6 REPLIES 6

DanHuber
Participant

1st are you the host of the meeting you are trying to use Blur background? if not , the host could have disabled virtual backgrounds. if you are the host then are you the owner/admin on the account? check to make sure virtual backgrounds are turned on. 

DanHuber_0-1638795542641.png

and finally here is a link with the system requirements for the blur background. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043484511-Zoom-Virtual-Background-system-requirements

Thanks. I am the host and owner/admin of my (Basic) account. I also fit all the requirements, I assume that my '2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5' is equal to the "Intel i5: 2 cores or higher" needed. My macOS 10.15.7 is also equal to the "macOS 10.14 or higher" required.

Zoom desktop is also the most updated.

In Microsoft Teams the background blurring works fine, just not in Zoom. Not sure what it is. 

so blur background isn't working in zoom, or its not showing up as a choice in virtual backgrounds? I wonder since you said it works in Teams if you could charge force closing Teams and then Zoom then reopen only Zoom and see if it appears.

'Blur background' isn't showing up as a choice in virtual  backgrounds (the others like 'San Francisco', 'Grass' and 'Earth' are)

Also tried force closing teams and only having Zoom open... no luck! Thanks anyways

where is the above menu located? How do you get to it?

Kacie
Listener

Hey guys so I am not the best I just started so what can you teach me because I don't know what to do so thank you bye