cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie slideshow question

mjt4283
Listener

I have never done Zoom before, but now need to participate in one. It is an informal family and friends meeting. I would like to have a slideshow played during the meeting, either at my end or at the host's end. I found this tutorial on showing PowerPoint slideshows for Zoom:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203395347-Screen-sharing-a-PowerPoint-presentation

But my slideshow is not made with PowerPoint. I assume that such a slideshow can also be used for Zoom. For instance, can Step #1 in the above link "Open the PowerPoint file you want to present." be replaced with "Open the ANOTHER SLIDESHOW file you want to present."?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. Join the meeting and turn on your camera. This will provide the video feed of you talking. When ready click the share screen and select the slide show and then start the slideshow. When slideshow is over click "stop sharing" this will switch you back over to your video camera feed for you to talk again. ***NOTE*** If your slideshow has audio with it that you want others to hear you will have to check the box in the lower left of the share screen pop-up menu that says "Share Sound" before committing to the shared screen content.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ChrisO
Note Taker

If you want to play a slide show from say Google Slides you can simply share your screen versus trying to set it as a background.

Thanks.

What I would like the screen to look like is:

- me speaking first without a slideshow background

- followed by the slideshow playing in full screen, without my presence

- after the slideshow is finished, me speaking again to end my session

Is this doable, and how?

Yes. Join the meeting and turn on your camera. This will provide the video feed of you talking. When ready click the share screen and select the slide show and then start the slideshow. When slideshow is over click "stop sharing" this will switch you back over to your video camera feed for you to talk again. ***NOTE*** If your slideshow has audio with it that you want others to hear you will have to check the box in the lower left of the share screen pop-up menu that says "Share Sound" before committing to the shared screen content.

Thanks a lot! 👍🙏

Your welcome.