cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "Unmute" and "Mute" announcement

eradhakrishnan
Listener

Does anyone have any idea as to why starting this week Zoom is telling you (in a very loud voice) that you are "muted" "unmuted"? I can't find a way to stop it from telling me. 

12 REPLIES 12

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @eradhakrishnan, interesting, I am unaware of that feature. Do you have screen-reading software that may be outputting that to you? I haven't tested this, that's why I'm interested! 🤔

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

rwarren
Listener

Can that message (the audio of it) be customized?  We have a noticeable percentage of folks connecting by telephone only, and when they hear "You are muted, you can unmute by pressing *6..." or similar, a few think this is an invitation to unmute.  it's getting worse recently, we had to mute one person 12 times during one church service.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, the audio messages participants hear when they've connected their audio by dial-in is not customizable, as it is generic audio for all customers that call in. 

mrahayuputri
Listener

I also have a problem and feel disturbed by the zoom pop-up box which saying You are muted

the window keeps coming each time I close it. This is honestly disturbing while we're in a zoom meeting because it keeps popping out and we have to close the window multiple times while telling me that I was muted when I am mute myself. I realize this happens after I do some updates on the zoom apps. Please help me figure this out, thank you.

SoheilH
Listener

I think it is your microphone (headphone), change it to use your system or any other microphone source you have on zoom app.

ssalar
Listener

any way to turn off those announcements ? "you are muted" , "you are unmuted" . these are disturbing.

Kerton
Listener

Check your Logitech, Plantronics, or other headset provider. Especially if they have a software package that runs on your PC.

In my case, the notifications suddenly started, occurred whenever I hit the Zoom mute button, but were actually coming from my Logitech Zone headset software.

Thanks! This actually solved my problem!

zoomuser2752987
Listener

Same. Started after zoom restarted. Not my headset as it doesn't happen in other virtual meeting software. Also checked all of my mac accessibility settings

mranderson
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I'm using a Jabra headset and noticed that behaviour only when connecting to Zoom using that device.

Here is how I solved that mute/unmute announcement:

1. Go to Settings > Audio

2. Uncheck the option "Sync buttons on headset"

mranderson_0-1694008032350.png

I did that on macOS but it must be the same for other OS

Hope that helps you too.

zoomuser2752987
Listener

Ty!