cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Recording While Anoher is Processing

Steve49
Listener

I am hosting two 75 minute meetings back to back, separated by about 15 minutes between one ending and another beginning. I need to record both meetings and I normally save them locally. Is it possible to start a 2nd recording while the first is still processing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Yes, this works. Note that the processing of the first recording might impact your computer’s performance a bit, but I use a Celeron-based BeeLink as an additional attendee to do local recordings, and haven’t had any performance issues that I’ve noticed. 

Back to back recordings in the Zoom Cloud also work — without the possibility of any performance impact. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

Yes, this works. Note that the processing of the first recording might impact your computer’s performance a bit, but I use a Celeron-based BeeLink as an additional attendee to do local recordings, and haven’t had any performance issues that I’ve noticed. 

Back to back recordings in the Zoom Cloud also work — without the possibility of any performance impact. 

Steve49
Listener

thank you. Your response implies that the processing is taking place locally, not on Zoom which I find a little curious. My previous recordings vary in size greatly but none have exceeded 3 gb so I may just go for cloud recording on the first so that it doesn't interfere with my computer's performance on overly tax available bandwidth.

Ray_Harwood

Yes, if you record locally, the Zoom client logs all the information it needs to make the  recordings into a single file on your computer. Then when the meeting ends, it launches a process to convert that single data file into the separate items you get, such as video, audio, and text/chat.