cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Membership Upgrade Paid But No Activation No Service

ZoomProblems1
Listener

Last week Zoom started cutting off meetings at 40 minutes. 

So, I clicked the "Upgrade" button and paid the $22 monthly fee to upgrade.

Subsequently Zoom continued to cut off all of my meetings at 40 minutes. What a disgrace.

After 3 calls to customer service, all of whom disregarded my word that I was using the same email address for membership and meetings, I was referred to phone tech support.

I phoned tech support, and was told my membership doesn't include tech support and was referred to this forum.

Good job Zoom! Great company. Glad I don't own any of your stock!

Now what? When logged into my account, it says Basic Membership in the top right even though -- and this was confirmed by customer service -- this account SHOULD indicate paid membership. 

And meeting should stop being cut off.

I need someone to fix this ASAP.  Many meetings!

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, 
You need to assign your newly purchased license to your user account. See this web page for assistance:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-a-License

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray, if you have any other solutions I'd appreciate your help.  I find it pathetic that I should reach out to a Zoom User and not get support from Zoom itself, but it seems thats their strategy.  Please see my problem above. I've paid but not been upgraded. 

PaulaB
Listener

Hi, I have the same problem and have tried everything possible to get in touch with someone to solve it and no luck. Did you solve your problem?  

I have an invoice as proof of payment and records thereof but not a licence number hence unable to use @RayHarwoods advice.  

Once this issue resolved I'll take up the issues I have with Zoom "HELP" offerings.  A Bot does not serve my purposes especially when its not programmed to assist in upgrades or refunds. 

Ray_Harwood

@PaulaB, have you sent in a Support Ticket through this link, and if so, have they been unable to help?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you have the invoice, you should also have the account number:

Ray_Harwood_0-1654525931501.jpeg

If you haven’t yet tried this, please do. I agree that the Bot service is not going to be effective for you, but a direct contact with Zoom staff through this web page is usually the best way to get direct assistance on issues like this. 

HI Ray, thank you so much for your advice.  I did not realise that the account number was what they're looking for  HOWEVER, we dont know where to input this as we've scanned our profile page, user groups etc.  Could you advise.  

And yes, we've submitted two tickets, one a week ago and the other again last friday.  I am soooo frustrated. 

Ray_Harwood

Sorry Paula.  The communication with Zoom Staff by Email can definitely be frustrating at times.  I don't get any special privileges or inside contact as a volunteer here in the Zoom Community -- so sometimes I have the same issues.

You indicate you paid but have not been upgraded... let me address that first!  I might have missed that at the very beginning of this thread...

Once you pay for a license, you need to assign your newly purchased license to your user account. See this web page for assistance:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-a-License 

It's pretty straightforward -- but there are several steps involved.

If that doesn't actually help solve your issue... and you're looking for a refund or other billing issue, the only thing I can recommend is actually attaching the PDF of your invoice to the Support Ticket.  Us volunteers in the Zoom Community don’t have access to account information or ability to make changes to accounts... otherwise I'd be happy to help in more detail.  If you are still stuck, I'll give you a way to contact me directly and we'd work together via Email, if you like.