cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Chromebook Setting Issue

emreptilefamily
Listener

I need some help.  I am a first time Chromebook user and have installed the zoom PWA as it seems my only option.  There seems to be no way for me to set meeting setting like mirror my image and have it saved for every meeting like it does on my phone and PC.  It also is not saving any of the meeting IDs I have used and so I am having to enter those IDs every single time.  It's a real pain.  Is there a solution?  Help is appreciated.

Eric

6 REPLIES 6

PastorT
Listener

Hi,

I have this same question.  

The PWA does not seem to work well compared to the basic web version.

And we are getting a notice that we are not going to be able to use the web version, yes?

Thank you.

Tom

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @emreptilefamily 

Unfortunately, the PWA does not have all the same capabilities as the full desktop Zoom app for Windows and macOS. The Zoom team is working diligently to bring many of those features to the PWA, but are limited by the PWA running in Chrome. 

@PastorT I've detailed a bit more of what is going on with the old ChromeOS app and its replacement, the ChromePWA, in this post here: Chrome PWA 
Feel free to tag me if you have any more questions about this. 

Where do we go with major usability issues - like the fact that there is no Audio while using the PWA Client?  I have run into many posts about the same issue with the PWA client but there are no solutions presented on any of the posts.

I mean zoom is really useless if I can see people, they can see me, they can hear me, but I can't hear anyone in return.

Good Morning Bort:

How much longer must Chromebook Users wait for the ability to locate and use the Drop Down Arrow for Frequently used IDs, which is available on the pain-in-the-neck Windows system?

emreptilefamily
Listener

Thank you Bort.  Unfortunate is an understatement, but I do at least appreciate the response.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

See the table in the link below for a comparison of features between the Zoom desktop clients, mobile apps, web client, and Zoom Web App

As Bort mentioned, not all of the clients have all of the abilities.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065520 

Regards,

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!