cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Bug in the Zoom iPad Client Update Version 5.10.3

JimPaxson
Listener

Following the Zoom iPad Client Update Version 5.10.3 last week, many Zoom meetings I attend each day are now showing ALL participants whose video is off without any profile pictures.  Most of these participants DO have active account profile pictures, however they don’t display during meetings.

I’m using a newer iPad Pro running iOS 15.4.1.

This is a security issue for larger meetings.

I saw the article on your website which addresses how to enable / disable profile photos from the Zoom web portal, however, a few of the Zoom administrators I have spoken to have profile pictures enabled for participants (with their cameras off), yet when viewing the Zoom sessions on my iPad, ALL participants with video off now only have the default white figurine picture displaying against a black background.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @JimPaxson –

Your statement of “many” makes me wonder if there is some meeting setting that has changed  for the hosts.

I haven’t attended a Zoom meeting from my iPad in several weeks, but I’ll try it in a test. If you can provide the video and view settings you have, I’ll be able to replicate your experience with my test. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray_Harwood

@JimPaxson – I’m running Zoom 5.10.3, but I’m still refusing the iPadOS updates for v15, so still on  iOS 14. I’m seeing the profile pictures just fine. If it’s not a settings issue, could be a compatibility issue with iPadOS 15.

Consider filing a Support ticket: 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks, Ray.  I sent a support ticket to Zoom.