cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Audio Broadcast to Breakout Rooms Feature Not Working

HarmoniesHerts
Listener

Hi,
I have not successfully managed to send an audio message to my people when they are in Breakout Rooms. Has anyone had success with it? I do this by pressing B and when I let go, I assume that it closes the audio channel . Am I doing something wrong???

9 REPLIES 9

DanaCSM
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Happy to help! 😃

Just checking but are you on one of the latest Client versions? In order for this feature to work, you'd need to be on at least 5.11.9, you can get the latest version right here and also ensure that this setting is enabled in your breakout room settings.

Once you've opened the breakout rooms:

1. In the meeting controls, click Breakout Rooms 
  2. Click Broadcast, and select Broadcast Voice.
  3. Click the broadcast voice icon to begin broadcasting. 
    Your mic audio will be broadcast to all breakout rooms. 
  4. Click the stop icon to stop your broadcast.
    Note: You press and hold the key on your keyboard your voice as needed. 

You can also always follow the guide we have available on our Support Page right HERE. 

I hope this helps! Thank you for reading and kindly mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed 😊

Best Regards,

Dana

Hi Dana, I have followed all the instructions but I have the following problem when I attempt to broadcast audio in all breakout rooms: If someone is connected with the IOS Zoom App, it seems to work. For the rest of the people, connected with the Zoom desktop App, they don't receive my audio messages... I've tried numerous times with no success... It's frustrating!

I would like to broadcast audio from an audio file to all breakout rooms. Is there a plan to support this? I see that it is now limited to just the microphone. 

Also, do the participants in the breakout rooms need the latest version of Zoom for "broadcast mic to breakout rooms" to work?

Bort

In this case, you would not want to share your mic, but rather your screen and associated computer audio to all breakout rooms. This portion of the article details how to do that: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8550395207693-Sharing-screen-and-broadcasting-to-breakout-...

I tried doing it as you suggest, several times, and the participants reported that they heard nothing.  Fortunately, I was able to type my message and send it to the rooms.  I last updated 2 days ago.

DanaCSM

Happy to help! 😃

Just checking but are you on one of the latest Client versions? In order for this feature to work, you'd need to be on at least 5.11.9, you can get the latest version right here and also ensure that this setting is enabled in your breakout room settings.

Once you've opened the breakout rooms:

1. In the meeting controls, click Breakout Rooms 
  2. Click Broadcast, and select Broadcast Voice.
  3. Click the broadcast voice icon to begin broadcasting. 
    Your mic audio will be broadcast to all breakout rooms. 
  4. Click the stop icon to stop your broadcast.
    Note: You press and hold the key on your keyboard your voice as needed. 

You can also always follow the guide we have available on our Support Page right HERE. 

I hope this helps! Thank you for reading and kindly mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed 😊

Best Regards,

Dana

aparmar
Listener

Hello Dana
Is it possible to play an audio file instead of speaking a voice message for this feature

Bort

Hi @aparmar 

When broadcasting your voice to all in a breakout room, it will only accept mic audio. If you need to broadcast other audio to breakout rooms, you would need to shared your audio along with your screen. This article has info about how to share your audio with your screen: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8550395207693-Sharing-screen-and-broadcasting-to-breakout-...

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hypnofrog
Listener

Hi,

No success for me neither except if the listener is connected on IOS... Could this be due to the participants version of the App?