cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help...can't livestream to Facebook!

annereynolds7
Listener

I need some help. I tried to livestream to Facebook, and today, it wouldn't work. I have been livestreaming to Facebook since 2021. When I clicked on the three dots and chose Livestream to Facebook, it brought me to a page that says 

Live stream Zoom Meeting to Facebook Live
[Button says] Connect to Facebook

I tried to click on the button "Connect to Facebook" and nothing happens, dead end. I am already logged into Facebook. I tried both on Google Chrome and Safari. I also tried on a brand new Mac, same issue. 

I checked all the parameters here on Zoom and also on Facebook, and I have the app for FB added to the group where I wanted to stream. I checked all the settings and they are all ticked as indicated, I just can't livestream to Facebook. 

Please help!!
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

It happened to me on Google Chrome. Since then I found the solution: change your default web browser to something else. I tried that and I was able to livestream, but not until 2 days later after humiliating myself big time and having to do a public apology. Try it and let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post

This is what worked for me:

In zoom. So when you go to "live on FB" it will bring up the page that gets you to choose the group, add description etc. at the bottom it says "Facebook security settings* click on that. 

You'll be able to edit access to the groups. The ones that don't show up will once you deselect them ALL. 

For me it wasn't a chrome issue but probably a weird update issue.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

gmbscrapper
Listener

I'm having EXACT same issue.   Able to LIVE stream one day and now get same message as you.  I even uninstalled Zoom and re-installed.  Signed out and back into facebook.   Restarted my computer.  NOTHING.
I've searched everywhere for help but have found nothing. Opened a ticket... NO RESPONSE.   I'm very frustrated.  This is a big part of my business.

It happened to me on Google Chrome. Since then I found the solution: change your default web browser to something else. I tried that and I was able to livestream, but not until 2 days later after humiliating myself big time and having to do a public apology. Try it and let me know how it goes!

this worked... thx. 

You're welcome! Glad it worked! 

Had the same issue. This worked. Thanks.

so this is a chrome issue? I use chrome for everything I hate other browsers

Which browser works best?  I'm on Microsoft Edge.

this did not work for me. my groups dont even show up as an option in the dropdown list. I used to go live from zoon every day in these two groups until today and now its not working. 

APJOF
Listener

Hello
A similar thing is happening to me, in my case, the pages to choose from appear, but the pages where to do the livestream do not appear.
It's strange and I can't seem to solve it.

universalcoach
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

This didn't work for either. I did everything even uninstalled chrome.. never again too much work lol Did you ever get a solution 

This is what worked for me:

In zoom. So when you go to "live on FB" it will bring up the page that gets you to choose the group, add description etc. at the bottom it says "Facebook security settings* click on that. 

You'll be able to edit access to the groups. The ones that don't show up will once you deselect them ALL. 

For me it wasn't a chrome issue but probably a weird update issue.

Hello, i tried what you said by tried deselecting on Facebook security settings, but I can't find any "enter" button or "submit" button for the deselections I have made. The problem remains the same. I still can't find the page I want to stream live on in the zoom drop down. Please help me.

I finally succeeded when I switched to a relative's computer!  Nothing else worked!

Hi,

It happen to me again.

I tried in another computer, and didn't work..

The page that i usually do the livestream doesn't appear..

I pay for zoom and this happens?? It makes no sense

BryanB
Listener

None of the propose solutions have worked for me - I have switched browsers, done the 'Facebook security settings' - then deselecting and selecting all pages. The one page I need to livestream to does not show up. This has been the case since the beginning of February. Prior to that I have livestreamed to this particular page for years. PLEASE FIX!

gina123
Listener

I am encountering the same issue. When I try to stream to my Facebook Group I'm getting the message "Subject does not have permission to create live video on this group." I created the group... I tried the Facebook Security Settings tip, deselected everything but that group, and am still getting the same error message. If anyone else has found a solution please let me know!