cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My zoom account is compromised by linking me to a non-existent work account. I can’t unlink!

AJ5
Listener

I have run into multiple security issues on my phone and computer, affecting numerous accounts, including Zoom.  I tried to change my email address away from a hacked email account and was told I could not without verifying the change in my old email.  Unfortunately I was unable to get through to Zoom to sort out the problem.  Now I am setting up a new account with a different email address (but the same name and phone number).  It appears that my account is linked to a work account.  I do not have a work account.  This is a personal Zoom account with no affiliation to any organization.  Unfortunately I do not see anywhere I can edit this and remove this linked “work account.”  I also see that I am unable to add a phone number to my new Zoom account, it is simply greyed out.  What this tells me is that the phone number is probably still associated with the earlier hacked Zoom and Outlook accounts and that the hackers do not want Zoom to know that I am the very same person (or allow me to verify my phone number).  Of course I could be off base but I do not know what to do because I can’t seem to get through to Zoom about the security issue.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @AJ5 and welcome to the Zoom Community! I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you're having with multiple accounts. Please contact Zoom Trust & Safety via this webform. You'll want to select "Report Account Takeover or Hacked Account." Please include any and all details that will help our Trust & Safety team research this incident on your behalf.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @AJ5 and welcome to the Zoom Community! I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you're having with multiple accounts. Please contact Zoom Trust & Safety via this webform. You'll want to select "Report Account Takeover or Hacked Account." Please include any and all details that will help our Trust & Safety team research this incident on your behalf.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Virginia,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

I have submitted the form to Zoom (and had done so before writing here as well).  However, I have not heard back from them.

There could be something more fundamental wrong.

Hopefully this comment will serve as some sort of proof to Zoom in future if they ever look into the problem.  I believe that my phone has been doubled and some emails may be blocked or redirected.  I have already done whatever I could do to try to solve the problem, at least everything that I am aware of.

Theory: anyone who has your name/work email and number is able to be an admin and automatically link personal accounts if still at the company. 

enjoyeveryday
Listener

My account also states I am linked to a work account. Are you sure this isn't a bug?

Seriously! Went on an interview and in short my current boss knows.

kandrews4
Listener

It is frustrating - somehow my personal Zoom account got linked to my work email - and now I get calls on my personal mobile number - I have no ability to unlink it and instead got lots of articles to sift to undo something I did not set up.