cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My voice cuts in and out when I share computer audio (music on Spotify)

hollyhusler
Listener

Hi all! Wonder if anyone can help with the following... When I go to 'share computer audio' in a Zoom meeting (ie my Spotify playlist), my students on the other side of the screen tell me my voice cuts in and out. I am also using an external mic. Would be so grateful for a solution! Thanks in advance 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

@hollyhusler ,

It sound like you may need to configure "Original Sound for Musicians" on the computer that is running Zoom. When you go to the settings window and select "Original Sound for Musicians" you can optionally select "High fidelity mode" and/or "Stereo audio".

When you complete the configuration and go back to your main Zoom window, you'll see a new button in the top-left of your Zoom window that says "Original Sound for Musicians: Off". You'll want to click this button to turn it ON.

Then you play audio it will not apply the Zoom audio filters thinking that parts of it are background noise. Note: If you have this on while you're just speaking, and you have a noisy background, then you'll want to turn this off by clicking the button.

ZoomTestKitchen_0-1673996060294.png

ZoomTestKitchen_1-1673996133804.png

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

hollyhusler
Listener

Thank you so much for your reply. I have already configured these settings and always turn to 'Original Sound: ON' because I play instruments during my sessions, so I don't think this is the problem? I also don't have a noisy background when I'm speaking... Unless the music that I play on Spotify through my computer would count as noise? So maybe I try turning original sound off while I'm speaking then back on again when I play my instruments? Could it be anything else? Thanks again!

ZoomTestKitchen

If you happen to have speakers in your room that you can hear yourself through, then the "echo cancellation" (doing it's job) would create this issue.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

hollyhusler
Listener

Thank you I will try turning it off and see if it makes a difference!