cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My status continues to be in meeting and I am not and can't meet or enter a meeting

marieke_severen
Listener

I have a paid Zoom account and used to be able to meet, meet now, host a meeting etc. But since friday I am not able to open a meeting, start a meeting.

I get a message that I am already in a meeting (which I am not) and after restarting my PC, uninstalling the zoom app etc the problem keeps persisting. 

I have already not been able to open/host a meeting 2x

Does anyone know what to do?

3 REPLIES 3

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@marieke_severen 

You could try a clean removal/uninstall of Zoom Application and then reinstall it again. This is to ensure that any corrupted files/config on the application is all completely removed before reinstalling.

If you have a Mac - try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.
You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

marieke_severen
Listener

Dear IP man,

I have tried this and also contacted the person I was in Zoom with recently but it is not working, not getting any other message than: you are in meeting, close this meeting and when I click this I am not able to launch a new meeting.

It is frustating, I am paying zoom for the meeting functionality, but I don't get any solution

IP-Man

Are you using a Mac? Also - is the  Zoom client in the latest version?

Cheers!