cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My recordings don't show the speaker, for the first 20 minutes, just another group member

Charlie2
Listener

I teach Yoga online and record the class for people who miss it.  For the past few weeks, every recording shows one of the other participants for the first 20 minutes, with my voice in the background and then it changes to show my screen.  Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Charlie2 I would make sure that everyone else is muted in the meeting. If someone speaks and takes over as active speaker, it will cause the active speaker video to switch. They don't necessarily have to be speaking, but may have audio loud enough to cause the transition and never lose active speaker. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Charlie2
Listener

Thanks very much, but everyone is muted by me at the beginning. 

DeboraGurgel
Listener

Hi Charlie2
There's another related content with other zoom's clients with the same problem

"local recordings not showing host video in speaker view"

That's what I had posted there:

Hello
I'm a piano teacher and I'm having the same problem in the last 2 weeks.
I didn't change anything. Same settings on zoom, same mic, same cables, same webcam, same OS, same apps... Everything like the past 2 years and suddenly my local recordings don't show me anymore teaching... just my student watching me...and my sound..
I "solved" the problem for now changing to gallery view, but it's not good for my students because the piano image on recording it's half the ideal size..
Please let me know if you fix this problem
Thank you

In that discussion the problem hasn't solved yet...
Some people advice me to change to a previous zoom version, but I don't think this is correct.
If the problem is a zoom's bug, someone on the zoom company have to solve this problem for us, the clients..