cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My meeting only part recorded?

Jilla9
Listener

I paused my recording (after the attended dropped off the meeting) and then resumed the meeting once she had dealt with her technical issues. However, on checking my local recording only the first section prior to the pause is recorded.   The majority of the meeting the remaining section after the pause isn't! 😩

Is there anyway to retrieve my full meeting.  When in my Zoom account and look at the recordings tab there is nothing showing there at all???

Any advice appreciated.  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Jilla9 , I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. During a Zoom recording, if you stop the recording and start it again, a new video file will be created for the next recording segment. If you pause the recording and start it again, Zoom will record to the same video file for the recording segment.

By default, local recordings will be placed in the following directory on your computer:

• Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Zoom
  • Mac: /Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
  • Linux: home/[Username]/Documents/Zoom

Take a look and let me know if you're able to access it!

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

awatson
Listener

Hello, I'm having a similar issue. I did not pause my recording, but it only recorded 30 minutes of video. Is there a way to retrieve the other 90 minutes? Or is it lost forever?  I recorded locally and I looked in my zoom documents on my mac and it wasn't there.