cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ex gfs name shows as the default name EVERY time I join a meeting.

jsezman7
Listener

I have to change it on the spot and forget to do so sometimes. I have made sure my Profile setting has my correct name. It does and it always has had my correct name. How do I change this permanently and get her name out of here? HELP!!  I have logged out of all devices. This issue occurs whether I use zoom app or web browser zoom use. I have searched the web and used chatbot. No luck.

4 REPLIES 4

TheBlackCycle
Listener

My suggestion is to logout and create a new/seperate account. Also, its possible that the account is linked to her Google account- a lot of times when ppl sign up, they just click sign in w/ google/facebook.if its google, go to chrome, type in my dashboard, and under the privacy tab you should see any linked accounts at the bottom of the page. also, click your account picture at the top left, and make sure you're not signed in as her. if you are, you might want to migrate your passwords (under autofill in settings) and then clear out all of your cache-related stuff, and then probably un-link your profile (or hers) from the browser.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

No need to create a separate account. You need to change the Display Name on your profile. 

Log into your account on https://zoom.us. Be sure you’re viewing the Profile (see Profile highlighted in the Personal menu).  Click the Edit link to the right of your information in the Profile. Look for the Display Name field – change it, click Save. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

jsezman7
Listener

I did this before. I did this again following your steps. This doesnt work. I change it in my profile but when I join a meeting it still says her name. Like the "theBlackCircle" said above, I guess I have to ditch it and make another account. ugh

Ray_Harwood

That's weird!  Here's a screen shot of mine:
Ray_Harwood_0-1665852317065.png
The part highlighted in red shows up when I'm in a meeting.  I can change that, join another meeting, and the new value now shows up.  Not sure why yours wouldn't do the same, as long as you're using the right account - which I assume you are. 

If you're registered for a meeting and using the participant Join link, then the name that was put in the Registration is what shows up.  That's the only difference I'm aware of.

Sorry, @jsezman7.  I tried!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !