cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Zoom recording only captured audio

Salmog1
Listener

My zoom recording only captured audio via m4a file. Is there any way to view the video ? Perhaps convert it to an MP4?  I tried a third-party tool Zamzar - - it converted it to MP4 - but still no video.

it was an announcement from my 93 year old mom.  Any help would be so greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Unfortunately, if you can't find the MP4 file, the audio can't be converted. Even if you convert the audio, the M4a is just audio, not video - as you experienced with Zamzar. By chance, are you sure there aren't at leave two files available? I added a screenshot. Notice I have an MP4 and an M4A. I'll check on Zoom's website to see if you have two files. 

I hope this helps, and I hope your video exist. If this answers your question, please accept as solution. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

chrismenard7

Unfortunately, if you can't find the MP4 file, the audio can't be converted. Even if you convert the audio, the M4a is just audio, not video - as you experienced with Zamzar. By chance, are you sure there aren't at leave two files available? I added a screenshot. Notice I have an MP4 and an M4A. I'll check on Zoom's website to see if you have two files. 

I hope this helps, and I hope your video exist. If this answers your question, please accept as solution.