cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Zoom image comes up as a white box

SaraBeth423
Listener

I use Zoom to start meetings or link to meeting links to me. I started having issues with my screen around 4 months ago. My video screen shows up as a white box. Sometimes sound will be on and sometimes not (even when audio is "on" AND image is "on"). The white box fills the space of the screen where the real-time image of me would normally be. Then sometimes it will come on and suddenly everyone can see me and hear me. Vexing, especially when intermittent and no changes on my end have been executed to my knowledge. I've tried updating Zoom. Did not help. 
I work on a Mac Mini 2012, OS Catalina Version 10.15.7. This malady keeps me from using Zoom from my desktop. My camera is a Logitech that is attached independently to my Apple screen. Interestingly, people can view my screen-share on my desktop. I can use Zoom with no problem on my iPhone 8. 

2 REPLIES 2

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @SaraBeth423,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Is the white box in the Zoom Meeting window video panel where your camera is supposed to be? If you go into your Zoom Desktop Settings and go to video can you see yourself there and can you see your Logitech camera in the designated spot? 

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 5.34.38 PM.png

Can you go into your Video  tab and check to see if you have these two settings selected. I am on a Mac as well using Monterey and I have not experienced this issue before. Even when I was on Catalina. Hopefully, this is not an issue with your video graphics card, but you can check and see if that card is in need of a driver update. I would go to the cards vendor page and look for the drivers there. Sometimes the system does not tell you that you are in need of new drivers, but issues like this will sometimes show the need for new drivers. I can tell you that if you would like to upgrade to Mac Monterrey, it may resolve this issue. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 5.36.09 PM.png

I hope that this is helpful. Please let me know how it turns out and we can troubleshoot this further if it is not a successful solution. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Brandon, 

Thanks so much for getting back with me! I have been trying to solve this issue for several months with no success. 
Your screen capture is not like mine at all. I do not see Settings with Video listed clearly like yours. I thought I had the latest version of Zoom. I work on a Mac. Perhaps that's why? 

Therefore, I'm not finding the solutions you are recommending. Could you send a URL for me to type in? 

Be super specific with where I find the Video Card? I can search a name on my desktop, but need the exact wording of what to search for. Logitech is the brand. Is it called a video card? Don't know where to find on my computer. Not aware of how to update it or even check it. Please give specific directions on that. 
Again,  thank you sooo much for your help! It's been hard not being able to use Zoom on my desktop.