cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Zoom camera looks weird or nothing shows up

katieeehan20
Listener

Hi zoom community,

Since few months ago whenever I try to join zoom meeting invitations or interview invitations I don't see myself on the screen. I click the video on ("Easy Camera"),  but most of the times I can't see myself on the screen and the other party can't see me (it's just black with my name). Sometimes I can see myself and the other party can also see myself, but my face looks pudgy and elongated sideways and the proportion is weird. The color of the screen is greenish too (weird), and the focus is not right because even if I sit by placing the laptop right in front of me in the center, on the screen my face is placed in the edge of the screen and I can onlly see half of my face. 

I tried my laptop webcam by itself outside zoom and it works normally. Does anyone know how to fix my zoom camera problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Great - you're welcome.

If you are happy with the result and it is working for you, then everything should be fine!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Rupert

Is this a Lenovo laptop?

Yes! 

I've tried all measures possible to fix the zoom camera problem, but I can't fix it... 

Rupert

You say you have tried all measures - what have you tried?

Hi Rupert,

1) I tried to click setting and access video setting but I can't find video setting (as you can see in my below screenshot)

2) turned off the computer and turned it on again, nothing changed

3) uninstalled the pre-existing zoom and installed newest version, but still have camera problem

4) tested my own laptop camera (webcam) and it works well

5) called zoom but because I'm basic status I can't talk with a live agent

Yeah these are what I tried so far... Any advice for me?

katieeehan20_0-1633021163139.png

Rupert

Hi @katieeehan20 

The screenshot you have shown is of your Zoom Community profile settings, not your setting for your Zoom video.

Your Video settings for Zoom will be in the Zoom app installed on your computer.

Rupert_0-1633021613454.png

Rupert_1-1633021648130.png

Can you reach those settings?

Hi Rupert,

Thank you so much for your help!

I was able to reach the correct settings, and clicked "adjust for low light". Before and after screenshot... I guess the problem is solved? Any additional advice? 

katieeehan20_0-1633022161381.png

katieeehan20_2-1633022331305.png

Rupert

Great - you're welcome.

If you are happy with the result and it is working for you, then everything should be fine!

Thank you!! Have a wonderful day 🙂

Rupert

Rupert,

I have an HP and have issues with color on Zoom meetings. i have clicked on low light etc and nothing fixes it. It looks like this. please help. 

BillyIowaFC_1-1646797012400.png

my screen is the top middle screen. please help

Hey @BillyIowaFC, have you tried updating your Zoom client? Or uninstalled and reinstalled?

Suggest opening the Camera in Windows if you're experiencing the same color overlay issues? The last thing I could think of would be the video filter?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hey @BillyIowaFC, just checking in on my reply! Were you able to get Zoom updated or reinstalled? Was that able to resolve your issue? Or were you seeing the same when opening the Camera in Windows? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Spoiler

Hi Rupert, 
I use Zoom to livestream an On-line course. 

In the last session there was an issue with the colors. 
My workflow is, Sony camera wired ATEM mini pro iso, wired with USB-C to a 2017 MacBook Pro. 
When I use the laptop's camera there is no issue! 
I tried to remove and reinstall the zoom software but it didn't not solve the problem. 
Do you have any solution for this? 
Thank you!

Yes

Hi Rupert:  I have a Lenovo and just joined Zoom community.  I cannot see myself LIVE nor do the others in my meeting see me.   Is there a link do change settings?  Thanks so much.

Yes, thanks and all set