cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Zoom background randomly fails to start--how to fix this?

Hydrangea975
Listener

When I join a Zoom meeting on my laptop, sometimes my Zoom background appears and sometimes it doesn't. In other words, my Zoom background randomly fails to appear and displays my office instead.

I'm using a Zoom background that I uploaded to my account.

My Zoom background worked reliably for months before this.

6 REPLIES 6

Jameswalter
Participant

Surprisingly, if you are unable to see the settings for setting a virtual background in your desktop client or mobile app, then chances are that it has been disabled by default and you will need to manually enable it again.

Regards,
James

Hydrangea975
Listener

Thanks, James.

I am able to see the settings for selecting a virtual background, and the background works once I select it. However, the background does not always stay selected. About half of the time, when I log back in the background is missing. About half of the time, the background is still selected.

JFMHE
Listener

Yeah, the same thing is happening for me. I've checked the setting and confirmed it's enabled correctly (as per screenshot below) but this still keeps happening.

Hydrangea975
Listener

In case anyone is still struggling with the problem, eventually updating the software seemed to solve my problem.

willjoe2442
Participant
  1. Go to Zoom and sign in to your account.
  2. Go to Settings on the left.
  3. Under In Meeting (Advanced) turn Virtual Background on.
  4. Back in the Zoom app, sign out of Zoom. 
  5. Sign back into Zoom.
  6. Your background should be working.

Regards,

Diana

I had already tried this and it was already set to your suggested settings, yet the problem persists.