cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PC speakers & microphone are working, however, zoom audio is not working

Listener

Have been using zoom for years, with no issues. Suddenly ( for approx 1 week), I have no speakers or microphone on zoom. Both are working well on my PC.

How can i fix this, please?

6 REPLIES 6

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@2939 , I am sorry to hear about your issue.  Do the speakers and microphone show up on your computer when you check the audio settings?  Do they show up in the Zoom Audio settings? When is the last time you rebooted?  

indira_wu
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@2939 
Step 1: Right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar and then click “Open Sound settings” to open the Setting dialog.
Step 2: click “Sound Control Panel” to open the Sound dialog.
Step 3: Under the Playback or Recording tab, right-click on your speaker/microphone and then click Properties. You should now see the Speakers/Microphone Properties dialog.
Step 4: Under the Advanced tab, you can see a checkbox shows “Enable audio enhancements“, please check or uncheck the Checkbox as your need.

If the “Enable audio enhancements” option is missing, it’s likely because your selected microphone/speaker doesn’t support them.

Notice: There is a known freeze issue caused by Dell’s new audio driver, in order to fix this issue, please make sure that all the audio device’s(both microphones and speakers) “audio enhancements” feature are disabled, not only the current used device.

JimCarrel
Listener

I have tried all of these. Zoom lists my devices as options but gives an alarm that says they are not working. They are working with all other programs. I have rebooted twice. I have tested them with four other programs. It is clearly a Zoom issue. I have a call in 30 minutes. What is the solution, other than switch to Teams?

I have an identical problem.  The speakers work and microphone work even in Zoom - I can test them before a meeting. - but as soon as I click 'Join computer audio' they don't work.

Zoom evidently is still stuck on a default bluetooth headphone that I used to have listed.  I  have removed it and switched off Bluetooth but still Zoom will not use my speakers. 

I'm having the same problem. My speakers work with all other apps except Zoom. The moment I get on to Zoom it switches to my computer speakers. It may be time to switch to Teams.