cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My IP address blocked from starting and attending free Zoom meetings

AC9
Listener

HI
Mine is a basic free account. Since last Thursday 10/3, I have not been able to start or join any "free 1-1 " meetings. 
Message on the screen said: Unable to join this meeting . The error code is 104013. 
There is nothing wrong with my wifi as I am able to access other websites.
All my family members are experiencing the same problem. 
However, we are able to join meetings hosted by paid account holders.
I wonder if my IP address has been blocked from starting and attending free basic personal meetings.
I thought Zoom commits to offer "free, forever" personal 1-1 meetings?
Could someone kindly help?
Thank you very much.
@zoomstaff #freemeetingproblems 

5 REPLIES 5

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@AC9 ,  you may try and check if there are latest update for Zoom client and update your client accordingly.

Zoom the does not block IP address as if it is blocked, you cannot use Zoom regardless of your meeting license.

Hope this helps.

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.

Cheers!

Thank you ip-Man.  I already have the latest update. It doesn't work.

TomO

You may also want to check with your Internet Provider. This error points to access to the Zoom network being blocked. See if you can connect on your phone with your wifi turned off. 

TomO_0-1647272874998.png

AC9
Listener

Hi TomO
Thank you.
I can start the basic free Meetings on my cell phone with wifi turned off. Already done  wifi reset , checked firewall setting, uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom. Problem remains.  I can join premium account Zoom meetings but cannot start or join meetings from free basic accounts.

AC9
Listener

Hi All

I thank Ip-Man and TomO for your replies.

I am now able to start and join free Zoom meetings again.

I guess it’s the Zoom system…