cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Custom Background Image is Blurry?

LarSeib
Listener

Hi Folks - I'm trying to create a background for my Zoom meetings, so I went into the video settings and uploaded a background photo. The photo is pretty simple and its a high resolution photo (5333x3000). When I view the photo on my desktop it looks great. it's very clear and crisp. But when I upload it into Zoom and put it in my background for a video call, its blurry. The text that has my name and company name are barely legible when viewed on a 32" monitor. I don't see an option to enhance the quality of the upload, and I wonder if I've done something incorrect? I've attached a photo in this thread. 

Any suggestions by the Zoom pro's?

4 REPLIES 4

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Hello. Thank you for the image. That helps. Your image is 1967x961. The recommended size is 1920x1080. For an easy test, grab an image that is 1920x1080 and see if that looks better.  On my Zoom resource page is a lot of backgrounds - all free. Scroll down below my Zoom blog post and grab one unless you have another image. 

https://chrismenardtraining.com/zoom/zoom-resource-center

Let me know if that looks better in a test. If yes, you need to change your image to 1920x1080. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you. 

Chris, thanks for the reply. The image I attached is a screenshot, its not the original image. The original image is attached and its a 5333x3000. Which is more than double the resolution of 1920x1080.

I've attached the original image in this reply. Not sure if that helps,

chrismenard7

Here is how I appear on camera in Zoom with your background at 1920 x 1080.  Looks good to me. 🙂 Nice background btw.

Bangad
Listener

After making sure that your background's resolution is 1920x1080, 

go to your video settings then click HD. Hope this will solve your problem.