cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mute pc sound during presentation

PaulTower
Listener

Is there a setting to mute the pc alerts during a presentation?  So my alarm or new mail alert sounds aren't broadcast to those listening to my presentation?

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @PaulTower
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Yes, there is a way to do this. I am assuming that you are on a Windows PC. Here is a resource that you can use to accomplish this task. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-notification-and-quick-settings-in-windows-ddcbbc... 

This is not a Zoom task, this is done on your Windows PC in the system settings. 

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Gotcha and thanks!  I went to the Notifications and actions area.  But wierdly Zoom is not listed as an option in "Get notifications from these senders".  And so I launched Zoom, to be doubly-certain.  I may be able to turn off all notifications, or use the Focus Assist to mute things during the presentation hour.  Duplicating display may do it too.... I'll have to play with it.

YaBoiB

Hi @PaulTower

Based on your first post it doesn't seem like Zoom is sending you notifications. It seems like email and other pop ups are sending you notifications during your Zoom presentations, so what you would need to do is consider the source of those notifications (outlook, web browsers) and then disable them in the Windows settings for notifications. Think of your PC like a mobile phone. If you do not want notifications on your iPhone you go into settings and turn off the notifications for that particular app. Be it Zoom or any Uber. Your PC works in a very similar way. The Windows operating system notifys you to remind you that you have an email or that a particular post was sent to you on Facebook. To disable those notifications you go into the operating systems (Windows 10) settings and disable or turn them off (silent) them. 

I hope that this helps. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?