cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music on Ipad or I phone

Briana
Listener

I do Reiki via Zoom, but the music cannot be heard or it cuts in and out.

I am using an iPad for my Zoom and I had Pandora playing from my phone to a speaker.

How do I get quality sound to go through the mic on zoom to my client so they can get in a meditative state like in my office?

I need step by step instructions please.

3 REPLIES 3

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Briana,

The reason your background music is not being picked is due to Zoom's echo cancellation and background noise suppression.  

I would recommend you use a computer (Windows or Mac) instead of your iPad.  This will give you more flexibility to adjust audio setting in the Zoom client.  Additionally, with our feature to share computer audio only you could play Pandora on you computer and directly pass that audio through into the meeting.  This would be a much better overall user experience for you and your patients.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Briana
Listener

Thank you. I will use my Mac instead.

Could you guide me on how to adjust the settings to get the best sound for the meeting using Pandora as my music source. 
I would truly appreciate directions.

Dan_ZoomSE

@Briana,

If you haven't already download  and install the Zoom Meeting client for Mac from https://zoom.us/downloads.

• Start Pandora playing on your computer.
  • Start you meeting in the desktop Zoom app.
  • Click the Green Share Screen button
  • Click the Advanced tab
  • Click Computer Audio
  • Click Share button.
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.47.43 PM.png
  • Adjust volume as needed in the Pandora app.

Sometime I will join the same meeting temporarily from my iPad so that I can hear the volume level of the music as a sound check.  However, don't stay connected on the iPad because as soon as you go off mute from your computer to talk to your clients you would create an audio feedback loop.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!