cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Host Logins?

Greenwellyman
Listener

I currently access zoom with a group of others where it has been decided to allow several people at one time to login as host, but this seems incorrect to me. As during a meeting when another person logs in with the paid account as admin if I'm already in as host I get a message to say I have been logged out and a pop up to regain host and I seem to loose control of normal host controls

In another group, always there is one assigned Host, who then passes on co-host privs, and there is never an issue. Or even if the original host leaves and passes on Host to another, control remains smooth and trouble free.

Can I assume the first situation above is incorrect?

Do you have any recommendations for groups that meet where people come and go and the original host may leave and need to pass to another.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

First, the reason you are getting logged out when someone else logs in, is due to Zoom's restrictions on how many devices can be signed-in to the same account at the same time. In this article (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000787483-Can-I-use-Zoom-on-multiple-devices-), it says you can be signed-in to a Zoom account on one computer, one tablet, and one phone at a time. Any duplicate logins will cause the other device to be signed out. This is generally because sharing logins is against our Terms of Service. 

It is best to have each person login to their own Zoom profile and join the meeting, then be given co-host or host controls manually. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bort

First, the reason you are getting logged out when someone else logs in, is due to Zoom's restrictions on how many devices can be signed-in to the same account at the same time. In this article (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000787483-Can-I-use-Zoom-on-multiple-devices-), it says you can be signed-in to a Zoom account on one computer, one tablet, and one phone at a time. Any duplicate logins will cause the other device to be signed out. This is generally because sharing logins is against our Terms of Service. 

It is best to have each person login to their own Zoom profile and join the meeting, then be given co-host or host controls manually. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.