cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving telephone participants to main session

Oyster
Listener

In the last few months (Fall 2021) the option to move participants from a breakout room back to the main session seems to be only inconsistently available, even though there are options to move these participants to other breakout rooms.  Yesterday, the 'main session' option was missing for all our participants joining by telephone.  'Main session' simply did not appear under the 'move to' choices for telephone participants, although it was an option for participants in the same meeting who had joined in other ways.   Since (I believe) telephone participants cannot move themselves, we needed to have them leave the meeting and then rejoin in order to get to the main session.  Are we missing something?

4 REPLIES 4

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Oyster thanks for reaching out in the Zoom Community! Reading through your question I thought to look back in our release notes regarding Breakout Rooms, and noticed that several enhancements have been added this past year. I would say the problem you are experiencing is not typical and perhaps we could look at a couple elements

1. When this started happening in the Fall, are you aware of any Zoom updates that you or your organization may have performed? If so, and the issue started happening, it would be good to update to a newer version just to see if the problem persists. 

2. If you are on the latest version of the Zoom client and still experiencing issues, I believe we should dig into this more with you by having you open a support ticket with details which can help our team troubleshoot further. Details like date and time of meeting, meeting ID, if you have specifics as to which participants were unable to be moved and had to reconnect, that sort of thing. 

We can also open a ticket on the back end for you if assistance is needed.

If this has answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below.  But if not let me know and we can continue the conversation. Thank you!

I just updated to 5.9.1 (was running 5.8.7 before) but the problem persists.  I just started a test meeting now (Jan 5 about 2:15 PST) with meeting ID 861 2643 1603.  I was unable to move phone number 206-698-6560 back to the main session from a breakout room, although I could move another participant joining by video.

YaBoiB

Hello @Oyster,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! I believe that we should move this conversation to a support ticket. We do not wish for you to place meeting IDs and phone numbers in the community when not required. I can have the community directors make and raise a support ticket on your behalf to troubleshoot this for you. I searched for that meeting ID quickly, and I could not see anything on the backend that would indicate an issue. 

Happy to continue troubleshooting this with a Support ticket for you. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

jeremyjustin

Hi @Oyster  as Brandon has said, we have opened a support ticket, please watch out for the ticket number and details in your email so we can dig into this further with you. Thanks again for posting your issue and partnering with us to resolve! 

Ideally the host should be able to move people from breakout rooms and into the main room whether they are on video or audio only (phone calls). 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!