cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Between 2 PowerPoint Presentations in a Meeting?

Kato81
Listener

Hello there,

I'm trying to help my dad, who is a college instructor, with his Zoom presentations. He wants to have two PowerPoint files open concurrently in a meeting, so that he can jump between one and the other (both in presentation mode). We are running different systems (I have a Windows laptop, he has a Mac). As far as I can tell now right now, he would have to close one presentation before he can open the other.  I was able to find some keyboard shortcuts for Macs that may help, but is there any other work-around for this? It would help his meetings run a little more seamlessly if there is.

Thanks for your help!

-Kate

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom isn’t going to make that easy for your dad. I would recommend combining the two presentations together, and either reordering the slides if he knows the sequence in advance, or have a printout of the slide handouts and mark the consecutive slide numbers on them. In power, you can type the slide number and press Enter, and it’ll go to that slide number immediately. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

ZoomTestKitchen

Zoom supports sharing multiple apps at a time. I would recommend opening both presentations, then put each into full screen presentation mode, you’ll need to use command-tab to go back and forth, then click on share using ctrl-click to select both fullscreen presentations. 

now while sharing both presentations are being shared, although the audience only sees one at a time because they are in fullscreen mode. All you have to do to switch to the other is just cmd-tab to switch from one to the other. 

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen