cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Share Screen Options Windows 10

iamJustPaul
Listener

While trying to share videos or pictures on a 2nd monitor I've run into an issue.   
When I have the video or picture displayed full screen on a 2nd monitor I have no option in shared screen to share "2nd monitor" in fact no option at all to share anything displayed on the second monitor if its full screen.    I use to be able to share the 2nd monitor and everyone would be able to even see my desktop icons and or everything I displayed on that monitor.  
I can share a picture or video as long as it ss not full screen.

I want to be able to share the entire 2nd monitor not just specific things being displayed.  AND I want to be able to share anything I display full screen on the 2nd monitor.

Help How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iamJustPaul
Listener

The solution to the problem:

I had found that in the settings the Share Applications "Share individual Windows" and "Show all sharing options"  had been changed from what I originally had them.  I can only assume since I'm the only one using this account that the changes had to have happened the last update.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I appreciate you taking the time to give some tips that may help someone with other issues but the following will respond to each of your "tips to fix":
1.  its wired connected fiber high speed internet.

82.4 Mbps download /  66.6 Mbps upload

2. only needed applications are running
3. nothing in the background is running that isn't needed.
4. Even though a web browser isn't being used at all, Chrome is installed and up to date.
5.  Did you even read my original post? I even stated I'm able to share screen as long as what I was sharing wasn't full screen. And I was unable to share the 2nd monitor the way I've been able to do in the past.  And being that I'm the one hosting I have host permission.
6. Resolution has not changed, lowering or raising the resolution causes no change.

The last update changed settings with Share Applications "Share individual Windows" and "Show all sharing options"   Were changed from what I originally had them.  I can only assume since I'm the only one using this account that the changes had to have happened the last update.

iamJustPaul
Listener

The solution to the problem:

I had found that in the settings the Share Applications "Share individual Windows" and "Show all sharing options"  had been changed from what I originally had them.  I can only assume since I'm the only one using this account that the changes had to have happened the last update.