cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirroring Disabled while using Powerpoint as Virtual Background

NRosell
Listener

I discovered the PowerPoint as Virtual Background today and I love it! However, it disables mirroring while I use it and I can't figure out how to turn mirroring back on.  When I go to Background & Effects in Settings, the "Mirror my video" is greyed out while I am using Powerpoint as Virtual Background.  Any help appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

Patricia_B
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I have confirmed that it is currently not possible to mirror your video while using the Slides as Virtual Background option. I'm very sorry about this inconvenience! I will be asking our documentation team to include this limitation in our article on the feature. I am however thinking this by design, as the mirrored video is only visible to you (meaning participants always receive the non-mirrored version). This could cause you to lean in the wrong direction while sharing and cover a portion of the presentation, as you would not be seeing the same video as the participants.

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

cahill1
Listener

Looking forward to finding a resolution to this quickly as it gets very confusing for students watching math videos talking about left, right, clockwise, and counterclockwise. 🙂

ThomasP
Listener

Also waiting for video mirror to be available in powerpoint as virtual background. No reason to deactivate it. Thomas

John-Z
Listener

I agree with Thomas. Mirroring is helpful for many presenters when they don't hide self-view. Without it, it is distracting. It would be great if Zoom included mirroring when sharing slides as background.