cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of Zoom from one domain to different domain

salyhoo
Listener

Hi Guys,

do you maybe know what is process / is there any process in place, how to move all users (and their content like, meetings and recordings) from one domain to different one?

For example, I am the owner of domain Test1.com, who is using Zoom system and have 300 users. I acquired new company who are also using Zoom systems with 100 users, but on a different domain Test2.com. Is there any chance to migrate the whole Zoom system from Test2.com to Test1.com?

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @salyhoo 

Once those users are successfully added to your main account, you can contact Zoom Support and request they update those users' emails in bulk for you. You will just provide a csv file with their existing email in one column and their corresponding updated email in the 2nd column. 

Thank you @Bort - but what about all linked data to "old" accounts? Scheduled meetings and Cloud recordings? Is it possible to move that as well to a new account?

Thanks in advance

Bort

When those users are invited to your account, their data will be transferred with them. This article details what is (and is not) transferred with their user profile: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028938451-Adding-existing-users-to-a-paid-account

Once that is done, the bulk update will just affect their sign-in email, but this can only be done when they are a part of an account you are an admin of, not before. 

Thanks a lot @Bort !

salyhoo
Listener

Hi @Bort , I will start to work on this migration very soon, in the next couple of days. I just found out that account that need to be migrated to different Zoom account have different kind of channels created, with history of collaboration and data share. Is it possible to migrate all those channels and their content as well?

Thanks in advance.

Bort

Chat channels and contacts should transfer with you. 

Hi @Bort , what about recordings?

Thanks in advance.

Bort

As mentioned in this support articleAfter joining the account, the following details will transfer with you:

• Your profile details (name, profile picture, time zone, etc)
  • Scheduled meetings and webinars
  • Cloud recordings
  • IM history
  • Contacts
  • Settings

Any local recordings would still be stored locally on your computer and would still be accessible to you. 

How long will the wait be. I have people mentioning, just seeing Monday history and previous histories are not there.