cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone turns off during screen share

Sheryl_Sea
Listener

Hi - whenever I screen share (joining Zoom from my Chrome browser) the microphone access is not activated when I screen share. This seems to be a relatively new issue.  I've also had the same issue when I've tried to use Chrome from the web store (see image below). I haven't tried joining via the Zoom for Chrome PWA. 

I use Zoom quite frequently for presentations as not everyone has Microsoft Teams or uses Google Meet. This is turning into a professional disaster - would appreciate any assistance. Was not an issue when I paid for Zoom premium!

3 REPLIES 3

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @Sheryl_Sea! I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved.

rmsherman
Listener

I don't know if Sheryl_Sea is still having this issue, but I had it for the first time today and I use zoom often.  I had a hard time connecting which was also an issue.  I finally got my audio connected but was getting an error when I tried to turn on video.  It kept saying another app was using video but I didn't have any apps open.  Then when I tried to screen share, it turned off the mic.  How do I keep this from happening again?

I started having this problem just recently. It really hinders my ability to do my job. I have not seen any adequate responses anywhere online.