cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone stops working on Breakout Rooms

ShivaKanou
Listener

I was participating in a Zoom meeting, my mic was working perfectly. Then I got transferred to a Breakout Room and every now and then Zoom would show a notification that my mic stopped working. I had to keep changing the source to refresh it and make it work again.

This does not happen when in "normal" rooms. And this makes it very hard to use Zoom in breakout rooms.

5 REPLIES 5

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @ShivaKanou 

What type of microphone are you using and is your Zoom client up-to-date?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version

Does your microphone return to normal if you return to the Main Room from the Breakout Room - or do you have to leave the meeting altogether first, then re-join?

Hi! I'm using a HyperX Cloud II headset, works fine on Teams, Discord, Meets...

Yes, my Zoom client is up to date.

The phone starts working again when I switch to another audio source. The weird part is that the other audio source is "Default audio device" or something like that, so I'm switching from my headset to my headset, hahaha, makes no sense.

Today I noticed it also started happening during normal meetings, not only breakout rooms.

Hi @ShivaKanou were you able to fix this? I´m having the same problem. If so, how? Thank you

Not actually. I just stopped Zoom, giving a priority to other softwares. Poor customer support makes us choose other softwares.

Thank you, I updated my OS and it´s been fine so far, maybe give that a try.