cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone not picking up my instrument (piano) but it does pick up my voice?

KA76
Listener

Anybody having troubles with their instrument not being heard.  My voice comes through the Zoom call but piano is not detected.  I have ensured the Original sound is selected in audio settings, have uninstalled zoom and reinstalled. Did a microphone test.  And still nothing 

12 REPLIES 12

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

You will need  now have to manually select during each meeting session which sound you would prefer.  The Original Sound is turned off by design. Please refer to this thread: 

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Original-Sound-by-Default/m-p/89132/highlight/true#M49507

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

I have done that in my call last night and it still wouldn't work.  I had original sound selected in audio settings AND ensured during the call that it was on was well.  Please help us figure this out

There seems to be a discrepancy as to what settings to be selected or unselected (fidelity, echo cancellation etc). Can you please confirm which ones need to be selected and unselected to ensure that my voice AND piano are heard

sachinzoom

Hello,

Please go through the advised settings and hope these resolve your issues: ( See link below for details as well )

sachinzoom_0-1675797693522.png

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466-Using-original-sound-for-musicians-in-a-meeti...

KA76
Listener

This did not resolve the problem.  I had already done all that the link you sent suggested. To be clear. I have enabled original sound, selected high fidelity. I UNSELECTED echo cancellation (I play piano) and stereo audio, and unselected automatically adjust microphone volume. What else. Numerous people are having these same issues.  What else to solve?

sachinzoom

Hello,

Have you tried updating your Zoom App to the latest version ?

Please see if that helps

KA76
Listener

I uninstalled Zoom on Monday February 6 and reinstalled. Prior to this I did an update. Still NOT solved.

jcp1
Listener

ARE THERE ANY additional recommendations? voice picked up easily, piano not picked. taking lessons via zoom! using Original Sound for Musician, HPPavilion Laptop 15" brand new. updated. my smart phone Pixel 4 does both, but I need a larger screen for piano lessons. followed all recommendations for my laptop.

jayps
Listener

i am having the same issue. uninstalled zoom and reinstalled it. mic picks up voice but not my piano. i tried other mics and configured the audio setting many ways but still not working. any one find a solution

BTanze
Listener

I am having the same issues after getting a new computer (windows 11). It makes my work almost impossible as I am teaching singing lessons via zoom. I have worked with this for 3 years without having any issues, like the other users I am used to changing the settings manually at the beginning of each session... Please help!

Alex60
Listener

I’m also having this issue. New laptop, same setting as usual, but piano isn’t picked up by my mic anymore. 

Hi Alex! 

I actually managed to solve the issue with a couple of annoying but useful steps: 

- go to sound settings and turn off any noise cancellation you might encounter in your microphone settings

- go to "more sound settings" and choose "do nothing" for your microphone noise cancellation as well

- open your microphone array settings (realtek audio console for me) and turn of the AI noise cancellation 

Finally, in zoom I needed to take away the original sound for musicians (go figure that one), just choose the optimized sound and click on "low background noise cancellation"

This worked for me until I had to do a factory reset of my computer and am now back to square zero because there seems to be yet another thing that doesn't want to allow me to work in peace 🤪

Hope it works for you though!