cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic not picking the sound from my guitar

Tony_Gram
Listener

I have a problem with Zoom. My mic is not picking my guitar instrument when I am playing.  I tried all the audio and mic settings but the mic is not picking the sound from my guitar. I also used external (RODE) mic if this can solve the problem but it is not picking  either. I also used Samsung phone in tandem but it is not also picking my instrument. Can you please provide a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi. Thank you. My problem regarding instruments heard has been solved. I did some changes from the audio profile/background noise suppression/low (faint background noises). Then I also adjust Mic input level to almost maximum. It has been working ever since I did this simple changes.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

have you set up original sound?

How to enable and configure original sound for musicians

While Zoom’s standard noise suppression is great for most situations, removing the audio filters and increasing the audio codec quality may sometimes be necessary and more useful. This could be due to you using a higher quality microphone with built-in audio filters, or just wanting to capture the full range of sound produced by your instrument.

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click your profile picture, then click Settings.

3. Click the Audio 

tab.
  4. Under the Audio Profile section, select Original sound for musicians.
    Additional audio options are displayed below.
  5. Select the audio options you wish to use:
    • High-fidelity music mode: This disables echo cancellation & post-processing, while raising audio codec quality to 48Khz, 96Kbps mono/192kbps stereo. Professional audio interface, microphone, and headphones required.
    • Echo cancellation: Prevents the creation of echoes between mic and speakers. Disable only recommended when using headphones to isolate audio or when playing instruments.
    • Stereo audio: Encodes mic audio in stereo. Requires a stereo-capable microphone or audio interface.

Once enabled in Settings, this can be toggled on and off during live meetings as needed.

thanks,  eliot

Tried all possible options. Problem still persists

Hi. Thank you. My problem regarding instruments heard has been solved. I did some changes from the audio profile/background noise suppression/low (faint background noises). Then I also adjust Mic input level to almost maximum. It has been working ever since I did this simple changes.

BartVanMulders
Listener

I am having the exact same problem. My guitar teacher can not hear my guitar 😞
Problem might come from other sound plugins...difficult to identify the problem. Any experience ? 

Hi @jamewilkiesdoug @BartVanMulders @Tony_Gram  please see my reply on original sound for musicians with Windows 11  and attempt to resolve with my reply 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Sign into the meeting with a web browser rather than with the app. That finally did the trick for me!

Eliot

hi tony_gram,

Please see:

1.  Music and singing audio issues on Windows 11

Last Updated: March 29, 2023

Issue

Some users may experience issues while playing an instrument or singing in a meeting even though Original Sound for Musicians is enabled in their Zoom app client’s settings. They might experience the following issues:

• Participants can hear each other while they speak, but cannot hear the instruments’ audio being played.
  • If quiet or high-frequency sounds such as meditation music are being played, the audio cannot be heard.
  • While sharing their screen, the background audio is lost or distorted.

Environment

• Windows 11
  • MaxxAudio on Dell
  • Bang & Olufsen on HP
  • LG Smart Assistant on LG
  • Realtek Audio Console
  • Dolby atmos

Resolution

• Disable the audio control maxxAudio, Bang & Olufsen, LG Smart Assistant software, or any similar software on your computer or uninstall it then restart the computer.
  • Update any audio drivers on your computer.
  • Disable audio enhancements on your computer.

1.   Live performance audio (beta)

Users performing live in a meeting, with a physical instrument or their own voice, can enable the Live Performance audio option in the client, which aims to reduce the audio latency to ~30-50ms. This setting must be enabled for all users in the meeting, otherwise standard audio latency is achievable. This requires an audio device that supports 48kHz sample rate, and can be impacted by your network connection, so ethernet connections are recommended.

Release notes for Windows – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

RocknRollGranny
Listener

I had this exact problem and tried everything you did. We finally figured out that you have to join the meeting via a web browser and not the app. Otherwise, no matter what you do, it won't work. Good luck!