cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging participants who are the same individual

davebrebner
Listener

I can do this with Teams, so wondering if it is possible with Zoom?

If I join a meeting via a desktop client, and then also join the meeting via a mobile client, Teams will offer to merge both sessions into a single one. If you do that you only appear once as a participant.

By default with Zoom I appear as 2 separate sessions, with the same details.  I think it may be possible to merge two participants who are the same person with Zoom, but only if you dial-in in one session. I want to use the Zoom mobile client so I don't want to dial-in. I am logging in with the same corporate account in both sessions.

Is there any way to merge the same participant into one session if they are connected twice, as in this example?

3 REPLIES 3

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @davebrebner thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! We don't have this merge feature specifically BUT we actually have a really cool feature that lets you transfer meetings between devices, so instead of having to connect with two clients and then merge somehow, you just switch the meeting to the client/device you want! It's very seamless and user friendly. 

Let's say you are in a meeting on your laptop/desktop using the Zoom client and you need to head out for some reason. You can just switch the meeting to your mobile device and not miss a beat. It also works if you are on mobile and want to switch the meeting to your laptop/desktop! 

This support article talks about how to use the feature: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4405850501133-Transferring-meetings-between-devices

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

davebrebner
Listener

What I want to do is walk around my office, but have a large screen available if someone shares detailed content. Your solution is useful but not for what I want. Good to know I don't have to keep looking for the solution, though, so thanks for the quick reply!

jeremyjustin

Hi @davebrebner thanks for the extra detail. With your description I believe the switch feature will perform perfectly. If you are on desktop, use the switch feature to move to mobile, walk around the office etc. If you want to walk back to your desk and look on a large screen, you can just switch to the desktop client on your desktop/laptop and seamlessly it will join and pick up the content share and display it. People on the far end won't even know...and you don't have to select to merge two separate sessions into one.  

In the near future we will be looking to expand this so that meetings can be transferred into Zoom Rooms as well, right from your mobile device. You can transfer a Zoom Phone call into a Zoom Room today, and escalate that phone call to a meeting. 

I hope that helps! 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!