cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Audio/Video from a recorded Meeting

CodeCraft_Admin
Listener

Hello, I finished recording a meeting and saved it to my local computer.  But in the folder where the recorded file is downloaded, the audio and video files are separate. Individually, both the audio and video are working fine. How can I merge this into one? And is there any way i can disable these separate recording?. Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Good Morning,

Your audio should be there on the mp4 video file as well.  Are you saying when you open the video file, there is no audio present?

I just ran a test recording to my computer and my video had audio with it, and I had the separate mp3 audio file as well.  I'd reach out to Zoom support if your video file doesn't have the audio with it.

If you want to marry audio and video together, you'd have to edit them together in another program, like Premiere, Final Cut, Camtasia, etc.

Thanks

KJH

expo
Listener

I am having the same problem.  Did you find a solution?  I have an m4a for audio and mp4 video. There is no sound on the mp4. Thank you.

Im having the same problem. Why is the audio seperated from the video? 

gossettf
Listener

I have the very same problem on Zoom version 5.15.10 on macOS 13.4.1 (Ventura).  I did not have this problem on v5.15.7 for some reason; I believe it was a .MOV format combining audio and video in one file.  ...Very frustrating trying to find the option to disable the separate files.  I need it to turn in homework in a class (screen sharing showing software configuration).

Okay ...update...  ...kmharma is correct (...many thanks!);

The audio IS in the .mp4 file -IF ...you get the mac to recognize your webcam with mic as input, AND you confirm the input signal is received by your mac (system settings-sound-input (meters are moving)).  This took a lot longer than getting Zoom to recognize the camera as video input ...for some unknown reason -AND, Zoom audio test showed input from the microphone earlier!  IDK why Zoom saw it but there was no "Q8 Web Cam/USB" option in my System Settings-Sound-Input as a selection.  It (Q8 Webcam) seemed to only appear in the System Settings menu (input) AFTER I noticed/configured Ableton software's input selection option having Q8 Webcam as input.  I then checked the Mac System Settings and BANG, the Q8 Webcam finally showed up as an input option -AND, the meters were moving when I spoke.

To put my problem in context let me say I started with a MacBook Pro and moved to a Mac Mini (no webcam OR microphone (...to my knowledge)).  I added a -dated, Zoom Q8 camera in webcam mode -with much back and forth with Q8driver/Zoom install/uninstall sequences to get Zoom to recognize the camera -and, to get the ZoomAudioDevice (2 in, 2 out) to show up as an output destination for my shared screen application (Ableton Live Lite).

Disclaimer: I don't do a lot of systems work anymore; I haven't plunged into the idiosyncrasies of Apple's Unix -much; I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to my knowledge of the mac and its device driver configurations/tuning.

...In any case ...many, (many!), thanks Kjhartma.