cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge accounts

thull
Listener

Hello,

I am looking to merge accounts from 2 different email addresses. Can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @thull,

My first thought Is “This can’t be done.”  Can you explain what you’re trying to accomplish?

There are ways to maneuver ownership of existing meetings between user accounts, if that’s what you’re after. But “take all the things from Joe Smith’s account and add them to John Jones account” isn’t something you can do yourself.

You may be able to ask Zoom Staff to do this for you with a Support Ticket if you have paid/licensed accounts. Most of use in the Zoom Community are volunteers, Zoom customers like you, and wet don’t have access to it account to look at it, much less make changes. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

selgin
Listener

hi... wondering if you ever got an answer on this?  thanks! 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @selgin.

I never heard back from the original poster of the question about what the actual intent was. Can you describe what it is you’re hoping to do?

So I have a scenario where my Zoom account accidentally got deleted by my IT department and they had to create a new one for me. I've lost all my chat history and groups I was part of. Any way of recovering the history and merging those two accounts?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @BronwynS.

Sounds to me like someone screwed up, huh?  Sorry that happened.

If you like, read this Zoom Support article for the details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005269946-Deactivating-unlinking-or-deleting-users-from...

Unfortunately, the bottom line is that if they deleted your account... well, a deletion is permanent.  If it's done intentionally by someone who knows what they're doing, there's a way to assign certain assets to another user, but that wouldn't include things like Chats and Group Memberships.  But I'm guessing in this case, they're gone.

You might ask them to contact Zoom Support directly to see if the data is still available, but I still think it's unlikely that even Zoom can fix this for you.

And tell them next time, just deactivate an account first.  Your account can be re-activated in that case!

Yup! This is exactly what happened 🙈 Someone accidentally off-boarded me from the organisation instead of the person I logged the call for... 

Really appreciate the reply.

Moved:

Ray_Harwood

Another similar-but-slightly different post topic was moved to it's own thread.