cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Zoom Recordings

Charls
Listener

Is it possible to merge multiple Zoom recordings to create one recording?  If so, could someone please step me through it?  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Charls,

Just to clarify: Are you wanting to take two recordings and place them end-to-end in one MP4, so that they play together, one after the other?

There is another possibility I just want to mention... some people ask to take two recording files made of the same meeting, and have them both displayed side-by-side in sync with each other.

But the bottom line is that there's no capability to combine two recordings on Zoom that I'm aware of.  In general this would require downloading the two files and using some other video editor to combine them. I generally use Adobe Premiere Pro, which is probably overkill for what you're wanting to do, but I'm sure if you search around for "online utility to combine 2 MP4 files" or something like that, you can probably find something free or cheap.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @Charls,

Just to clarify: Are you wanting to take two recordings and place them end-to-end in one MP4, so that they play together, one after the other?

There is another possibility I just want to mention... some people ask to take two recording files made of the same meeting, and have them both displayed side-by-side in sync with each other.

But the bottom line is that there's no capability to combine two recordings on Zoom that I'm aware of.  In general this would require downloading the two files and using some other video editor to combine them. I generally use Adobe Premiere Pro, which is probably overkill for what you're wanting to do, but I'm sure if you search around for "online utility to combine 2 MP4 files" or something like that, you can probably find something free or cheap.

Hi @Ray_Harwood. Thanks for your response.  I actually want to record a mock-up meeting (scripted) with 4 participants and just in case any of them are unavailable on the day of recording, I wanted to be able to add their parts.  Using Zoom may not be the best option but was wondering what capabilities it had.  I use it for meetings but aren't yet very familiar with its capabilities.  Perhaps there is an easier option 🙂 

Thanks Rachel.  I'll give it a go.  It's on my to do list!  I'm assuming I can edit any video I need to before merging?  Is that right?  Then, when I merge them does it appear as if it's simply one recording? 
Much appreciated,
Charls.

Ray_Harwood

Thanks for the additional info, @Charls.

I recently had an event where one of the sessions is similar to what you describe. Take a quick look at this YouTube video to see the results of editing the raw Zoom video in Premiere Pro. There are more videos in that playlist — all of which were “lightly edited” before uploading.  So the end result can be anything you want, really, if you have access to and experience with video editing.

Thank you. I can't find this "Merge" Button in Zoom. Where is it exactly located?