cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meetings

jbb2
Listener

When I go into my zoom account and start a recurring meeting, so as a host I've already started the meeting.  My participants go into their e-mail and click on the link I've sent them for this meeting and they get the message 'host is in another meeting' - ??? so I have to close the meeting and go into their e-mail and go into my own meeting that way - why is this - 

2 REPLIES 2

c_manson
Listener

ope someone can answer this question - it happened to me today for Zoom meeting we were recording with 40 participants. - I signed in as Host to start the meeting.  I was the only participant.  I then received an email that someone had entered my Personal Meeting.  I then found all the other participants in this other link...

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

This generally happens when there is a mismatch between the meeting info you sent the participants and the meeting you actually start on your end. Sounds like you provided your participants the link to your Personal Meeting Room, but are starting a different scheduled meeting or an instant meeting with a random ID. 

As the host, you should be able to use the same link as the participants to ensure you are joining the correct meeting. As long as you are signed-in to your account on the Zoom app, it should automatically recognize you as the host and give you full host controls. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.