cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meetings with registration

Cecilia75
Listener

Dear all,

we have created a meeting with registration and so far super good. 

since we have high management participation we were asked to instead create a calendar invitation in Outlook with the direct link to enter the room. 

how do you do this? I tried as host opening the room and copy & paste the link, but still whoever receives needs to register.

then i tried registering with a test email and send that link and it works but whoever connects will need to rename themselves and if i send the link to 5+ people they will initally have the same username. 

is there a way of doing this? 

thanks a lot,

Cecilia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Cecilia75 

When a participant registers, an email will be sent with a link specifically for that person.
Unregistered participants will not be able to join the meeting until they have registered.
I believe this is done to prevent identity theft.

Therefore, it is not possible to make registration unnecessary only when attending a meeting, even for managers.

I think the reason you have the same user name is that you forwarded a link to join that was sent to those who registered.

If you send a link, you should try to send a link for registration.

Ohkawa_0-1662203728894.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ohkawa

Hi, @Cecilia75 

When a participant registers, an email will be sent with a link specifically for that person.
Unregistered participants will not be able to join the meeting until they have registered.
I believe this is done to prevent identity theft.

Therefore, it is not possible to make registration unnecessary only when attending a meeting, even for managers.

I think the reason you have the same user name is that you forwarded a link to join that was sent to those who registered.

If you send a link, you should try to send a link for registration.

Ohkawa_0-1662203728894.png