cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meetings and Participant Reports-Repeat Names

PhylSmith
Listener

In the last several meetings, the name of some of the attendees is showing up as the name for other attendees. Then when I generate a participant report, the same name is repeated multiple times. I'm attaching one of the reports here. I've deleted their last names and email addresses for privacy. 

These reports are going to an administrator who uses them to give the attendees credit for participation. So, it's critical the reports are accurate. 

Anyone know why this is happening? How do I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3

ChrisO
Note Taker

There is no way to fix the repeating attendee name. This shows each new connection to the meeting so if an attendee is disconnected and comes back it shows them twice or even if they use a separate audio device it will count as two. Someone with multiple occurrences is most likely caused by them having a bad connection that needs to be re-established often. The best thing to do would be to simply remove duplicates once the report is generated. However, even this can cause an issue if you had two people with the same name.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

JanP
Listener

This is still happening. In the attendee report for a recent webinar, most users are shown only once, but many have between 2 to 14 occurrences, without any obvious explanation. The attendee report would be more valuable if each user occurs only once.

KWmuusja
Listener

Perhaps this is a new fix, but I was just able to print a report showing "UNIQUE NAMES ONLY" (a checkbox at the top of the attendee report) which is very convenient. It took me awhile to find the instruction for how to get this attendee list, and my registration list -- both are in my Admin menu under REPORTS. For Attendees, go to ACTIVE HOST, get the list of meetings, scroll all the way down to the meeting you want. Click the number under "Participants" -- mine showed 107 for a meeting that I knew only 35 attended!! -- but clicking that number gives you the list of all people who signed in, including duplicates who got dropped and needed to tune in again -- a sobering number! -- at the top of the box with the names, there's a square clickbox for "UNIQUE NAMES ONLY" and when you click that, you get a list with just one name per email, without all the duplicates.
Also if your meeting had required registration, to download a file of all the folks who registered (including those who did not actually show up to attend), go to REPORTS, MEETINGS, Registrations, then you can EXPORT a spreadsheet with those names and emails if you wish.